Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT) is an Institute of notoriety in the province of Karnataka established by Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust (Sri KET) in 1986. The establishment offers nine B.E. degree programs in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Computer Science and Engg., Industrial Engineering and Management, Telecommunication, Information Science and Bio-Technology and four Masters Programs in Computer Applications, Business Administration, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, and Electronics.
M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology is subsidiary of Visvesvaraya Technological University and endorsed by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and is licensed by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi. Sir MVIT is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution. Bureau of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering and Department of Biotechnology are announced R&D focuses on the college.
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology is arranged on a tremendous grounds of 133 sections of land on the Bellary street close Air Force Station, Yelahanka, near Bengaluru International Airport (21 km from Bangalore city station). The establishment has 2800 understudies and more than 260 all around experienced employees, completely prepared labs (counting venture labs), workshop corridors (For every division satisfactorily outfitted with interactive media offices).
With all-around qualified and persuaded staff, condition of-workmanship research center offices, all around prepared library and rapid Internet perusing focus with availability and just about 100% position, it is no big surprise that the foundation has been positioned No. 1 among the building universities in the State by the presumed magazine `Dataquest’. Every one of our specialties spread over on 53.8 hectares of greenery and peacefulness are very much associated with optical fiber spine arrange. M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has, on its grounds, Men’s and Women’s inns, 100-bed general healing facility, Ladies conveniences focus, staff quarters, Guesthouse, Cafeteria, open-air sports office spread more than 12.1 hectares and an indoor recreations complex. The Institute control prerequisites are met by a devoted HT control association from BESCOM and Captive Power creating units. The foundation is associated with every one of the parts of the city by its own particular armada of transports. Every one of the understudies admitted to the foundation are secured by protection forever and medicinal care.
M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has an undeniable preparing and situation cell headed by an officer with immense involvement in HR/HRD matters.Top organizations like WIPRO, ADITI TECHNOLOGIES, INFOSYS, COGNIZANT, HP, De-Shaw, TCS, CROMPTON GREAVES, TATA ELXSI, ACCENTURE, ROBERT BOSCH, ITC INFOTECH, HCL Technologies, L&T INFOTECH, CARITOR INDIA, BIRLASOFT, SASKEN, LG SOFT, SONATA SOFT, ACCORD SOFTWARE. HUGHES, CATERPILLAR, SATYAM, MINDTREE, IGATE, IFLEX and so on have been directing grounds enlistment in the establishment understudies on constant premise. Consistently around 35 to 40 top organizations (counting non-IT organizations) visit the establishment and 90 to 100% understudies are set.
This foundation is distinguished by All India Council for Technical Education as a c-Nance preparing focus. Aside from the curricular exercises, there are satisfactory offices for sports/recreations, social exercises.
The vision of Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology is to end up plainly a self-governing Institute and later to be a Deemed University of notoriety through coordinated endeavors of our administration, staff, and understudies.
Unique Features of Sir MVIT
- Departmental Forums – Each division has a gathering to refresh the learning of understudies and staff in their fields of studies. Three hours consistently are only reserved for this reason.
- Course lobby with present-day offices in every office.
- Target compose testing for information upgradation.
- Undertaking Laboratory and Wireless LAN for understudies to complete tasks as a component of their educational modules.
- Diversion community for inventive work in science and building.
- Focal Instrument Service office.
- Susamskriti, a social discussion.
- Kalanjali, an Inter-university social event.
- Technotsav, a between university specialized celebration and a symposium on late advances in innovation to correspond with National Technology Day on eleventh of May every year.
- Outside Sports Complex, spread more than 30 sections of land, containing stadia for Cricket, Soccer, Hockey, Tennis and Volley Ball courts and an Athletic track.
- Indoor Games Complex, having offices for Shuttle Badminton, Table Tennis and other indoor diversions, an all around prepared Gymnasium.
- N. Narayana Raju Memorial Inter-Collegiate Cricket Tournament.
- Continuous power supply.
- Nearby Guardian Scheme to give individual consideration regarding every understudy by the staff.
- Rain Water collecting to address water issues on the grounds.
- Membership of E-Journals distributed by INDEST-AICTE consortium.