Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Awards:
Department of Biochemistry
Fellowships & Awards:
- 2011 Fellow of Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), Philidelphia at FAIMER Regional Centre FRI – PSG IMSR, Coimbatore, India.
- Winners of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore ‘Single Zone Table Tennis for Staff (Doubles)’ held at T.John College of Pharmacy, Bangalore for the year 2011.
- Runners of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore ‘Single Zone Table Tennis for Staff (Doubles)’ held at SDM Dental College, Dharwad for the year 2012.
- 1st prize- national level biochemistry quiz-ACBICON KOLKATTA-2008
- 3rd prize-national level biochemistry quiz-AMBICON WARDHA-2008
- Presented paper as a competitor for Jamunabai Pitabus memorial award in Cochin-2009
- I Place – Inter College Post Graduate Lecture Contest, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
- A++ Grade – Personality Development Program, College for Leadership and Human Resource Development, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
- II Place – Inter College Lecture Contest, NMKRV College, Bangalore, India
- I Place – National Level Seminar, Loyola College, Vijayawada, India
- II Place – State Level Seminar, K.L.E College, Bangalore, India
- II Place – Inter College Life Science Quiz, Jain college Bangalore, India
- II Place – Model Making, K.L.E College, Bangalore, India
- I Place – Elocution, K.L.E College, Bangalore, India
- Gold Medal- C.B.S.E Board, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Bhimavaram, India
Department of Orthopaedics
Dr.Girish H Rudrappa
has been given “Young Scientist” award in ARTHOCON 2013 held in Calicut. He also has cleared his DNB Final exams in Orthopaedics.
Department of Physiology
Dr.Veranna.H.B – Professor
- Teaching Excellence award.
- Awarded by Indo-global education summit organization. (Indo-USA).
Department of Pathology
3rd prize for an oral paper presentation titled “Significance of nuclear morphometry in benign and malignant breast aspirates” at International CME in pathology, histopathology and cytopathology held at Goa Medical College on 2nd- 4th Feb 2012.
Dr.Sunitha.G – Associate Professor
Awarded first prize in a poster presentation at the 1st international conference on Basic and Applied Physiology, B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad, 22ndand 23rddec 2012,
“ Physical performance capacity during phases of menstruation in young female athletes.”
Awards for Students
- Reshma Abraham- Academic Excellence Award for scoring maximum marks in 1st MBBS exam subjects. (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry)
- Chaithra – Academic Excellence Award for scoring maximum marks in 1st MBBS exam subjects. (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry)
- Nishitha.A – Gold medal Award for Best paper presentation by undergraduate students in 15th KCA held at Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore held on 13th 14th & 15th September 2013.
List of Students attended International Undergraduate Medical Conference 5th to 7th March 2015 in K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- Kavya Shankar, 6th term – Screening & Health Consequences of domestic violence during pregnancy and its outcome. Award-winning oral Presentation, 1st Prize out of 200 participants.
- Karthik. T, the 5th term – Effect of formalin vapors on pulmonary function tests of first-year medical students. Award-winning oral Presentation, 3rd Prize out of 200 participants.
- Aswinkamal, the 7th term – Profile of ligature materials used in case of hanging in Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore. Poster Presentation, 5th Place out of 200 participants.
- Sindhu, 7th term – To Study the multifactorial influence on tokophobia & its effect on pregnancy outcome – A challenge in healthcare. Poster Presentation, 7th Place out of 200 participants.