Mathrusri Ramabai Ambedkar Dental College and Hospital Admission Procedure:
Allotment to the college is through the Common Entrance Test (CET) and Consortium of Medical, Engineering & Dental – Karnataka (Comed-K) held in the month of Jan – Feb for Post Graduate and April – May for Under Graduate every year in Karnataka. Candidates appearing for the CET / Comed-K must have completed their Pre-University course (10+2) or equivalent.
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Students seeking admissions to the First Year B.D.S Course should submit the following documents/certificates in original at the time of admission:
- Eligibility Certificate issued by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in case of candidates from states other than Karnataka and candidates from countries other than India.
- Transfer Certificate from the previous college or institution where the student last studied.
- Migration Certificate in case of students from universities outside the state of Karnataka.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India in case of foreign students.
- Matriculation (X std.) or equivalent examination marks card for proof of age
The college offers the following programmes which lead to MDS Degree in the following disciplines with two admissions annually for each branch:
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Prosthodontics & Maxillofacial Prosthetics
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- Public Health Dentistry
- Oral Pathology
A candidate must hold the degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery of any University recognized by the Dental Council of India and must have completed a minimum of one year as Clinical Assistant / Sr.House Surgeon / Tutor / Registrar / Intern in a recognized dental institution.
The MDS degree programme extends for a period of three calendar years.
Scheme of Examination
There will be only one examination at the end of three years. The examination will be held twice in a year in the month of March / April and September / October, subject to confirmation by the University.