MS Ramaiah Dental College
M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (MSRUAS), created by an act in the State of Karnataka, India, came into existence in December 2013. The University is sponsored by Gokula Education Foundation (Medical) trust. The University was created by integrating the “M.S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies (1999), M.S. Ramaiah College of Hotel Management (1993), M.S. Ramaiah College of Pharmacy (1992), M.S. Ramaiah Dental College (1991) and the M.S. Ramaiah Advanced Learning Centre (2012)”.
The University aims to focus its programmes on student-centric higher education so that the graduates are equipped with both theoretical knowledge and practical skills expected by industry and business. The university has five verticals – Academic Studies, Academic Research, Sponsored Research, Training, Skill Development, and Lifelong Learning and a Techno Centre for Consultancy, Product Design and Development, and Entrepreneurship Development. Students of the University can expect to experience an integrated approach to academics, research, training, real-life problem solving and entrepreneurship.
The University, at present, has established faculties in Engineering and Technology, Art and Design, Management and Commerce, Hospitality Management and Catering Technology, Pharmacy, Dental Sciences, and Science & Humanities. Through these faculties, the University offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes. The faculties offer an enriched curriculum drawn from the strong interactions between the faculties and industry and business. The University has also created the Directorates of Student Affairs; Quality, Educational Processes, and Educational Technologies; Sponsored Research; Training and Lifelong Learning (TLLL) and Techno Centre to provide rich, all-around experience to students. The University’s head office is located at the Gnanagangothri Campus, MSR Nagar, New BEL Road, Bangalore. The modern infrastructural facilities like Class Rooms, Seminar Halls, Laboratories, Work Shops, Clinics, Libraries, Student Amenities including Sports Centres, Hostels, Cafeteria, Recreation Centres, Literary and Cultural activity centers, Wi-Fi and other support facilities to make the students’ experience enjoyable and memorable. The strength of the faculties lies within its well qualified, experienced and student-friendly Faculty Members. The M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences is committed to work on the philosophy of inclusiveness and service to society and to train its faculty members and students to contribute significantly to the growth of science, technology, and society through their imaginative, creative and innovative pursuits. The University is expected to have more than 500 members of the faculty and 8,000 students on its campuses spread over more than 100 acres of land in the near future.
The M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences will focus on student-centric professional education and motivates its staff and students to contribute significantly to the growth of technology, science, economy and society through their imaginative, creative and innovative pursuits. Hence, the University has articulated the following vision and objectives.
“MSRUAS aspires to be the premier university of choice in Asia for student-centric professional education and services with a strong focus on applied research whilst maintaining the highest academic and ethical standards in a creative and innovative environment”
Our purpose is the creation and dissemination of knowledge. We are committed to creativity, innovation, and excellence in our teaching and research. We value integrity, quality, and teamwork in all our endeavors. We inspire critical thinking, personal development and a passion for lifelong learning. We serve the technical, scientific and economic needs of our Society.
- To disseminate knowledge and skills through instructions, teaching, training, seminars, workshops and symposia in Engineering and Technology, Art and Design, Management and Commerce, Health and Allied Sciences, Physical and Life Sciences, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences to equip students and scholars to meet the needs of industries, business and society
- To generate knowledge through research in Engineering and Technology, Art and Design, Management and Commerce, Health and Allied Sciences, Physical and Life Sciences, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences to meet the challenges that arise in industry, business, and society
- To promote health, human well being and provide holistic healthcare
- To provide technical and scientific solutions to real-life problems posed by industry, business, and society in Engineering and Technology, Art and Design, Management and Commerce, Health and Allied Sciences, Physical and Life Sciences, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- To instill the spirit of entrepreneurship in our youth to help create more career opportunities in the society by incubating and nurturing technology product ideas and supporting technology backed business
- To identify and nurture leadership skills in students and help in the development of our future leaders to enrich the society we live in
- To develop a partnership with universities, industries, businesses, research establishments, NGOs, international organizations, governmental organizations in India and abroad to enrich the experiences of faculties and students through research and developmental programmes.