KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences Direct Admission 2018-19 is an area that has gained tremendous recognition in recent years. In the past, this important facet of Medical Science was neglected in comparison with mainstream medicine. The ratio of qualified Dental Surgeons was very low as compared to other medical faculties.
This prompted the K.L.E. Society to establish a Dental College, one that would serve the populace of Karnataka and neighboring states. The Institute of Dental Sciences was set up in August 1985, within a sprawling 113-acre campus of the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College. The Institute got off to a flying start under the leadership of late Dr. S.S. Khera as the first Principal.
The Dental Council of India (the apex body) gave the approval for the BDS course in 1989 since then the institution has come a long way and gained numerous accolades in the process.
Post Graduate course in dentistry was started in the year 1990. Today it prides itself on rendering Masters in all branches of Dentistry. All the courses are approved by the Dental Council of India. The BDS and MDS courses are affiliated to K.L.E University since 2006 and batches prior to them to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Today, the Institute boasts of an accomplished faculty in all departments. The laboratories and clinics are spacious, well furnished and have state of the art equipment and gadgets, both indigenous and imported to facilitate an excellent environment that is conducive to learning & patient care.
The world of dentistry has tremendously changed since the ancient times to where it stands today. The Institute bearing these requisites in mind has a curriculum that meets the theoretical demands, infrastructure and learning facilities that helps fulfill the clinical learning skills of its students topped up with the guidance of well qualified and trained faculty.
The Institute offers equal opportunities for growth to all its stakeholders from beginners to research scholars in an environment of discipline, intellectual ambiance and camaraderie. Thus every student in our institute stands to gain and pass these benefit to communities worldwide endorsing dentistry as a rewarding career option.
‘To be an organization of global excellence in pursuit of disseminating quality Education, Health Care and Research anchored with the blend of democratic values, charitable virtues, and philanthropic culture’.
- To motivate the students to be socially responsible, productive and useful citizens of the globalized world.
- To create a congenial atmosphere of learning with the aim of developing technically sound, ethically strong and morally elevated individuals.
- To promote sustainable development of higher education consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To plan and continuously provide the necessary infrastructure and learning resources required for quality education and innovations.
- To stimulate to extend the frontiers of knowledge, through faculty development and continuing education programs.
- To make research a significant activity involving staff, students, and society.
- To lay emphasis on society-oriented programs in the areas of healthcare with a common man as the focal point.
- To provide state-of-art healthcare facilities to the people of rural and urban areas of the country.
- To develop every learner at KLE with skills of employability.